As an Approved IPAF Training Centre, F-TEC offer an IPAF 3a & 3b training course which is essential for anyone who wants to operate Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs).
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
Those who need to operate or service various types of MEWPs demonstrate that they are trained and competent to operate MEWPs.
|(3a)||Mobile Scissor Lifts: Scissor lifts, mobile vertical personnel platforms|
|(3b)||Mobile Boom Lifts: Including self-propelled booms and articulated booms (cherry pickers)|
No formal qualifications are required.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAMME:
As a result of completing the programme, you will be able to:
- Prepare and operate various types MEWPs including scissor lifts and personnel lifts that do not have outriggers
- Drive the machine whilst elevated in line with manufacturer specification
- Health & Safety regulations and legislation
- Working at Height Regulations
- Accident control and prevention
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Carry out a pre-use inspection check on a machine to ensure it is safe to use
- Learn how to correctly wear a safety harness: Auxiliary and manual descent procedures
- Operate a MEWP safely and effectively, and manoeuvre the machine as required
Successful candidates will receive the 3A and 3B IPAF qualifications, and an IPAF Certificate of Training for these. These will both be accessible via the IPAF ePAL app, available on Android and iOS smartphones.
Upon successful completion candidates will be issued with a powered access license smart card also known as a IPAF PAL (Powered Access License) card.
The IPAF PAL card is accepted and recognised as proof of MEWP operator training throughout the world.
One day 9am – 5pm.