Industry standard skills check
F-Check is a confidential online assessment tool enabling you to evaluate and benchmark your Forklift and MEWP engineers and technicians against the industry standard skills.
The F-Check assessments are available in six levels:
- Initial assessment, designed to be used for potential new recruits coming from school into the industry
- Designed as a recruitment and benchmarking tool for employers in the industry, the confidential on-line assessment tool is open to employers, engineers, and technicians. Participants are required to answer randomly selected questions covering health and safety and technical topics.
- If you are an engineer or technician, the on-line assessment allows you check where you sit on a nationally recognised “ladder of competence”. In doing so it signposts how you can enhance your skills and boost your earning potential (not least by joining the Pro-Tec Register).
- If you are an employer, this on-line tool allows you to benchmark the competence of an applicant or employee against national standards. Importantly, it enables you to identify what training is required to take your service team to the next level of performance and productivity.
- Training and assessment – At the end of any F-TEC training or as a prerequisite for further training delegates are invited to carryout online assessments to establish or endorse newly attained knowledge and skill.
- The F-Check system is also used as the gateway assessments for the new industry apprentice standards. These gateway assessments are carried out at the end of each of the three years of the apprenticeship.
Upon completion of any of the assessment options 1 to 4, the user will either achieve Level 3 accreditation qualification or receive advice on what further training is required. Successful level 3 candidates will be invited to enrol on the industry approved Pro-Tec Register.
If you are an aspiring Forklift or powered access technician, the F-TEC assessment system is the perfect starting point for a really rewarding career.