Who will benefit from this course?
Engineers who work on a wide range of lift truck equipment.
Objective of the programme:
This valuable and highly practical course will cover the relevant regulations and working practices to:
- enable engineers to safely carry out electrical connection and isolation – charger wiring – relating to lift trucks and MEWPs.
- gain knowledge and an understanding competences, practices and legislation in mains charger wiring systems.
By the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Correctly understand the relevance of IEE Wiring Regulations and other applicable statutory regulations.
- Practice and understand correct safety procedures.
- Identify and understand three-phase and single-phase systems.
- Correctly connect three-phase and single-phase chargers to existing termination points (already fitted outlets).
- Read, understand and interpret relevant wiring diagrams, and carry out basic test and repair of charging systems.
- Assess the condition of/and calculate conductor requirements.