Where and When
26/05/2021 : 9:00 am - 4:00 pm at F-TEC Training Centre
Book Now (prices exclude VAT, which will be added to your invoice)
About this course
Who will benefit from this course?
Engineers who work on a wide range of lift truck equipment.
Objective of the programme:
This valuable and highly practical course will cover the relevant regulations and working practices to:
- enable engineers to safely carry out electrical connection and isolation – charger wiring – relating to lift trucks and MEWPs.
- gain knowledge and an understanding competences, practices and legislation in mains charger wiring systems.
By the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Correctly understand the relevance of IEE Wiring Regulations and other applicable statutory regulations.
- Practice and understand correct safety procedures.
- Identify and understand three-phase and single-phase systems.
- Correctly connect three-phase and single-phase chargers to existing termination points (already fitted outlets).
- Read, understand and interpret relevant wiring diagrams, and carry out basic test and repair of charging systems.
- Assess the condition of/and calculate conductor requirements.
- An introduction to IEE Wiring Regulations, Health and Safety Legislation and Electricity at Work Act etc.
- Electrical isolation procedures.
- Basic three-phase and single-phase wiring systems.
- Cable sizing, overload and short circuit protection of circuits.
- Cable types and their operation.
- Common electrical terminologies and symbols.
- Basic wiring and operation of chargers.
- Practical wiring and connecting of chargers, fault finding procedures.
- Testing, inspecting and certification of chargers..
NB: This course is designed to give a basic overall understanding of mains charging systems. However, it does not give the knowledge of all mains charging systems in use within the UK.